Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Re-Learning the Swing

If the game isn't hard enough as it is and who would think it is even hard. All you have to do is hit that little stationary white ball. Does not seem to be that hard but in reality it is one of the most difficult things in all of sports to do. Now imagine playing golf for 10 years or more and then deciding it is time to rebuild your entire swing from the ground up.

It almost seems impossible; gives you a really good appreciation for what most professionals seemingly do in just the off season period. I decided to write about this today after beginning the long road of rebuilding my swing about a month ago. As with anything there have been ups and downs and now I sit here and wonder is it even possible. Maybe that is not the right attitude but as I continue to search and work towards my ultimate goal of becoming a Class A PGA Professional I wonder if maybe I am just not cut out to reaching that goal.

I tend to think a lot of it is just in my mind after the beating I took at the PAT last October. It really has effected me mentally and I continue to search for something to help pull me out of that mental funk that will allow me to conquor my own inner demons.

So for those of you out there that specialize in golf instruction or sports psychology please give me your insights as I am looking to push myself to new levels and can use any help that I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment