Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rants and Raves; Why do we play golf?

Here is a question every golfer (or non-golfing significant other) has asked themselves. Why do we play golf? Especially on those days when the wind is howling or the rain is starting to fall giving us the most difficult conditions possible we insist are playing.

Aren't we suppose to be enjoying the game and getting better yet we constantly do things to make it more difficult for ourselves. Maybe today I am just blabbering on a bit but I just can't get it out of my head as to why we sabotage ourselves into making a complicated game even more difficult (I say this mostly after trying to control a fade in a left to right gale force wind).

So my advice to everyone today is we all need to take a step back and do something that will make the game a little more fun for ourselves. Whether that means playing from the correct set of tees (big pet peeve of mine) for your game or just trying to keep it simple we all need to work on ways to stop punishing ourselves on the golf course.

I probably won't be blogging much over the next few days as I have the "rents" coming to town along with my brother and sister-in-law. It is that time of year for the first Walker Family grudge match (which almost always includes trash talking, ridiculous bets, and some spirits afterwards). So much for making the game easier on ourselves....Happy Golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment